Media Center with XP SP3

dax40

Banned
Hi,

I have currently got a tv tuner card and Windows XP SP3 installed. Is it possible to download media center for XP SP3 so my tv tuner card will be supported :thumbsup:

Thanks

Glenn Uk

stainlessstan

Sorry, I think you'll find you need to purchase it. Version 2005 for XP is still available if you look hard but the Vista version is the current one. Alternatively you could download Windows 7, still in development but stable enough.

Last edited:

Glenn Uk

you can download mediacentre for xp 2005 edition i did today.

stainlessen you dai 'but...........' and never finished it is there a lter better version ?

i havent insatlled the version i downloaded today so have no idea what it does or how well it does it?

Is Media centre an extra or does it come with vista?

Glenn

stainlessstan

Glad to hear you're sorted but I'm surprised you could download it. That's a big change since it was introduced as it came with the media centre version of XP. Vista Home Premium is the equivalent, but better version. Altered my original post, the editing went awry somehow. :confused:

Last edited:

mdbarber

don't bother it was rubbish, try gbpvr or media portal instead, both do a far better job. oh and both are free

Glenn Uk

hi all

Im a having a bit of fun with the software side of this card.

1st off the compro software detects the card, finds transponders id expect and finds channels, lots of them c.1200 between Astra and Eurobird at 28.2 and 28.5 degrees respectively.

However, no EPG only now and next plus some channels is specifically wanted are not showing such as BBC HD and CBeebies.

So moving on i have lots of suggestions over software but have been having problems.

tried media portal and it just seems to crash and for some reason doesn't seem to be able to see a signal.

Tried DVB viewer and that doesn't appear to be compatible with the compro at all unless I'm missing something (given i was fiddling with this till gone 1.AM this morning thats entirely possible).

Having said i downloaded windows media centre for XP i now cant find the bloody link to try that either!

I also have another, dos based programme to download the EPG and convert to an XML file but i cant get the damn thing to work.

so at the moment I'm running around like the proverbial headless chicken trying to find a base from which to work.

Anyway i did wonder if the problems with the alternatives to the comrpo software arose because i had several different bits of software installed (although not running simultaneously) any thoughts?

Also any thoughts about the ability of other non-compor software to find all available channels as opposed to the compro which misses some?

Glenn

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom