Media Center & TMT showing different brightness/contrast

wyerd

Novice Member
I've setup my display settings so I get a good picture on my Panny TH50PF20 plasma via the ATI 5450 card & HDMI. However, if I watch a Bluray film using TMT (3 or 5), the picture is dark so I have to change the brightness/contrast and change it back again after. This is really annoying!

How can I get it all setup so I don't have all this messing about? Do I set the plasma's to 0 and fiddle with the settings in CCC or both?

Thanks.

drumm23

Novice Member
Same thing happens to me - media center seems a good chunk brighter with a couple of 1080p flicks, have to turn it down on CCC.

wyerd

Novice Member
Same thing happens to me - media center seems a good chunk brighter with a couple of 1080p flicks, have to turn it down on CCC.
Thanks for your reply. Not just me then.

I wonder if theres a reg hack for Media Center, or I suppose setting up a couple of CCC profiles could do it.

flashp

You could also turn off h'ware acceleration in TMT if your CPU is up to the job (as it will offload the GPU) and set TMT to automatically adjust settings. I did this a while ago and the picture was actually better.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom