1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media center pc conecting to Sony CRT Rear projector tv

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by windrush.mail, Aug 23, 2005.

1. windrush.mail

windrush.mail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to this site, but have read pages and pages of previous threads over the last 48 hours. I guess you guys are the people in the know, so heres my set up, question is will it work?

I have just bought a Packard Bell iExtreme Media Center PC MC2301 running ME2005 its graphic card is a ATI Radeon X300LE 256mb Graphics Card, with TV Out. Also has ATI TV Tuner & On board 5.1 surround sound.

My current TV is the Sony KP-44PX3 44" rear projection TV, Which by the way is a great telly. Now:
    1. will this set up be ok to run the PC
    2. what limitations will it have
    3. What other kit will i need to connect it all together
    4. Am i thick or what?

The reason i am asking and not trying is I am currently working in Iraq and due home on Leave in less than a week, for only a short time. So i want all the answers before i get home to ensure i get this working before i need to come back here.

Many thanks for all the advice, and keep it up. Any questions on guns and stuff i will be glad to help.

Neil

2. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +583
    What is the source of the Tv signal
    i.e SKy box, telewest box, digital tuner TV card, digibox etc

that will be a major deciding factor in terms of how u will set up the machine

3. windrush.mail

windrush.mail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will be using an NTL Cable box, which i believe has a scart socket as an output.

Neil

4. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +583
    1.The first thing u will need is to get a RGB (Scart) to svideo onvertor (£35 Maplins) as thats the only way u r going to get a decent signal into your TV card.

Th rest of what you may or may not require depends on how techy u r? i. VGA to scart cables, wireless keyboards setting up MCE
    etc

5. windrush.mail

windrush.mail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will get the S/VIDEO RGP CONVERTER AND SCART TO VGA CABLE First to get the picture up and running.
    i have read numerous previous threads that will assist me on that matter.

Many thanks again, I am quite techy i suppose but never dabbled in this game. So the learning curve is steep.

I will be in touch for help later if needed.

Neil