Media Center And Hitachi 42PD7200

sjhanson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Not a query for me but on behalf of my cousin....

A few months ago he purchased a Hitachi 42PD7200 - largely on the strength of recommendations on this site - and he has been very happy with it so far.

I have MCE 2005 running through my Pioneer plasma and he has seen how nice it is to have all your DVDs, movies, music, etc all in one place - as well as the great picture quality - and so wants to build his own PC to connect to his 7200.

However, we have been searching various forums and the like and there seems to be a point of view that alis panels are not ideal for this use.

Is anybody here using a 7200 with MCE2005, and if so, what resolution are you using? Can you pixel map on a 1024 * 1024 alis screen? If so, how do you tell MCE2005 that the screen is not square?!

I have spent hours(!) with Powerstrip myself before finally getting some settings I am happy with on my Pio and we are aware that this is what we will need to use to get the correct settings. From reading the Powerstrip forums, the closest match we can find is a Hitachi 42PD5200 - in this case the recommendation is to set the resolution at 1024 * 512 or 1024 * 576.

I can understand the reasoning behind both of these - the first being due to the 'interlaced' nature of alis screens, the second being a 16:9 resolution - but these are obviously not true Hidef resolutions.

Or are we being stupid and misunderstanding this issue entirely!!?

I know it's slightly OT but have you considered the XBOX/XBMC @ 720p/1080i route?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom