Media Center 2005 error

S

smalljb

I get error message "Your video card or drivers are not compatable with media center". Was working when turned off at night bad when turned on in morning. Had been working since August, but went down another time along with McAfee security system. Computer manufacturer worked on it for 8 hours, then suggested I back up every thing and reload Media Center XP 2005 operating system. Got to be a better way.

Just a thought but have you tried doing a system restore to a few days ago when it was working?

I get error message "Your video card or drivers are not compatable with media center". Was working when turned off at night bad when turned on in morning. Had been working since August, but went down another time along with McAfee security system. Computer manufacturer worked on it for 8 hours, then suggested I back up every thing and reload Media Center XP 2005 operating system. Got to be a better way.

What graphics card do you have in the system?

Go to start...run type dxdiag and press OK. Click the 'Display' tab and are DirectDraw and Direct3d enabled? If not try re-installing the graphics card drivers if you have them or download the Catalyst drivers from the web.

Do you have any remote control software eg VNC installed?

The nuclear option might be the best (and quickest) bet. It's probably due for a clean-up anyway.

I've had this message very occassionally on my MCE. I just ignore it and reboot and it works. Gotta love Windows :rolleyes:

Go to start...run type dxdiag and press OK. Click the 'Display' tab and are DirectDraw and Direct3d enabled? If not try re-installing the graphics card drivers if you have them or download the Catalyst drivers from the web.

Do you have any remote control software eg VNC installed?

Ran test Direct Draw not available, Direct 3D enabled and past all tests, no as to remote software.

Video from TV plays in Microsofrt Movie Maker.

Can change chanels from Media Center. It changes my TV set.

John

DirectDraw needs to be enabled for MCE to run so work on that. This happened to me and it was down to some remote control software (VNC) installing a mirror display driver that somehow took over as the primary display. If you right-click 'My Computer' and choose Manage then click on Device Manager is there anything under Display other than the VGA card?

DirectDraw needs to be enabled for MCE to run so work on that. This happened to me and it was down to some remote control software (VNC) installing a mirror display driver that somehow took over as the primary display. If you right-click 'My Computer' and choose Manage then click on Device Manager is there anything under Display other than the VGA card?

Under Display Adapters within Divice Manager the following are shown

Radeon X300 SE 128 MB Hyper Memory
Video Graphics Accelerator

John

Did you try the Catalyst drivers? http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Other than that I'm out of ideas I'm afraid - maybe you will have to backup and rebuild it :rolleyes:

I finally solved the problem. Theinfrared remote sensor moved on the TV and was not recognizing the signal. I reposition it and the TV came back. Ther is no way to tell when you have it in the proper decision. You would think Dell techs woud have had this as one of their first things to check.

Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom