Media case

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by bb2000, Jan 31, 2009.

1. bb2000

bb2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to build a new media pc and i wanted to get a new black full atx case, very minimal (maybe only one drive slot), i don't mind speading about £100 ... any suggestions?

Wanted a conventional desktop shape and not a tower ... it needs to fit under tv and look like hifi :)

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. g30rg1e

g30rg1e
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, antec make the fusion which is a nice looking case its available with or without a digital display and in black or silver some models come with a psu fitted. i got mine from ebuyer in black with the digital display for less than 100 a few months back, its actualy a matx motherboard case BUT with a tiny amount of modding takes a full size board, you will obviously lose the use of the bottom 3 slots though on the motherboard, but my needs were for more stable overclocking so that didnt concern me, its great build quality i'm pleased with mine as are several of my mates with the same case. :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  3. bb2000

bb2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, i will take a look but i would like an alternative which maybe fitted without modding ... what mods did u have to make?

4. g30rg1e

g30rg1e
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had cut away a section in the dividing wall so the board could go under it and removed a bit near the front panel so i could fit a longer card and raised and rotated the psu using the metal cut from the centre to rivet in the rear under the psu, in all it took a couple hours of twiddling but as i already owned and liked the case i felt it was worth the minimal effort. :)

[​IMG]

5. bb2000

bb2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice bit of 'shoe-horning' :)