1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medal of Honour Online?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by kelvin, Oct 13, 2003.

1. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    As above really... Does anyone on here play either Allied Assault, or Spearhead online?

K.

2. Toole

Toole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Played Allied Assault a lot last year - haven't played it so much this year, to be honest but I was thinking about it last night and I might start playing Spearhead online again in the next week or so because it's actually a really great game online.

I used to play on the Barrysworld servers (now rebranded to GAME.net) - they had an excellent Allied Assault server that ran the 'realism' mod with objective based maps. It was kinda like playing counterstrike in terms of team-play and objectives but it was REALLY easy to die because you move so much slower in MoH online. Not sure if people still play there anymore as GAME.net servers are generally pretty empty these days. Blueyonder might be a good bet if your looking, though.

The one thing I really like about MoH online over nearly all other fps's is you don't run at lightning speeds and can't jump 10 feet in the air onto boxes and the like - you have to be really careful, because one well placed sniper can devastate an unprepared team in under a minute. Some people compalin that the feel of the game online is just too slow and 'laggy', but iyou just need to be prepared to play a little more thoughtfully than in other games.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (and Enemy Territory), Battlefield 1942, Day of Defeat, Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament 2003 - they're all great fun, don't get me wrong, but none of them share the same feeling of MoH online. I've dabbled quite a bit in all of the above games, but I'm deffinately ready to go back to Omaha Beach for a few rounds :)

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Well... at least that's one person I "may" "bump" into at some point... :( ;) Hehe!

I haven't had a chance to get "online" as of yet but I intend to at some point or another within the next few days... It would be kinda fun to get an "AVF team" playing (Is that even possible?)

That was my initial thought on posting anyway...

K.

4. sapperjohn

sapperjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Kelvin

Excellent online gaming.

There must be a few more closet online Mohaa players around the forums , guesse their just not willing to rally to the colours at the moment. So I'll admit to playing Mohaa, Spearhead and Breakthrough, probably more than I should. So if you go online and "bump" into titanWaRRioR say hi.

sapperjohn

5. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Will do... :)

Fingers crossed I'll be on for a "play" tonight :) :) :)

K.

6. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I love moh online, it's the only one iv'e really played though and i don't rate the new maps on the breakthrough either but i find the pace spot on, tried rainbow 6 ravenshield which was good but prefered moh, Call of duty is out soon which is made by the origional moh team so it should be good, I normally snipe on MOH and is a good laugh, Evens up the ping dissadvantage imo but getting broad band soon so should be intresting.

I play as scooby snack if youre ever on

7. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I am also a closet AAMOH player, have spearhead and the latest one as well.

I tend to be a sniper on the less populated boxes, get killed too much trying to get into position if you have 20 people with SMG's running about.

Saying that, I like playing the objective maps with loads of people, I really like the Omaha beach Obj map, I hang around the landing boats picking off anyone who appears on top of the hill.

My moniker is also Sleepy. I connect via gamespy, anyone else use it?

8. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I used to play it quite a lot, but recently bought BF1942 which I find MUCH better on-line.

I know dbrad still plays it a lot :rolleyes: