MED500X not Booting up

emmcee

Novice Member
Hi All. I'm new to forums so I apologize in advance if I'm going about this the wrong way or if I am in the wrong place.
I have tried a the official Mede8er forum but I'm not getting the activation email so I'm not sure if the forum is not active any more. Hence I'm here.
I have a MED500X Mede8er which was working fine all along but has been unused (power unplugged for a few months). Now when I switch it on (I can hear the HDD starting up) but both the red and blue LED's stay on and the unit freezes. Nothing displays on the TV screen. No buttons on the remote or the unit itself, work.
Can't remember what version of the software is loaded, but I know it's one of the very first versions. Didn't upgrade because the unit was working fine.
No USB's or plugged in, tried even with the HDD disconnected. HDD is fine, because I removed it and connected to my PC and it reads fine.
Will appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance

kiza

Hi All. I'm new to forums so I apologize in advance if I'm going about this the wrong way or if I am in the wrong place.
I have tried a the official Mede8er forum but I'm not getting the activation email so I'm not sure if the forum is not active any more. Hence I'm here.
I have a MED500X Mede8er which was working fine all along but has been unused (power unplugged for a few months). Now when I switch it on (I can hear the HDD starting up) but both the red and blue LED's stay on and the unit freezes. Nothing displays on the TV screen. No buttons on the remote or the unit itself, work.
Can't remember what version of the software is loaded, but I know it's one of the very first versions. Didn't upgrade because the unit was working fine.
No USB's or plugged in, tried even with the HDD disconnected. HDD is fine, because I removed it and connected to my PC and it reads fine.
Will appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance
I would try it first with a good, known working power supply. They can partially fail after left disconnected from mains supply

emmcee

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply.
I tried using the power supply from my AC Ryan media player (which works fine); same problem.

emmcee

Novice Member
Checked. AC Ryan psu is 12V 3A - thanks for your reply
I don't know much about the technicalities, but could the software be corrupted?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom