Mecool K5 DTV problem

daniel242

Novice Member
Hi,
I have STB Mecool K5, android 9. There are various issues on this device all software related. The biggest for me is when a program is being recorded and going away from the DTV app, like going into KODI or even just the home screen, the channel recording is being terminated. I turned off battery optimization in settings for the DTV, didn't help. Has anyone encountered such a problem on other android boxes and how did you solve it? I appreciate any help or insight.

Also, I've encountered something which is not a problem rather strange. I scanned for terrestrial dvb-t2 signal and saved a few programs, also done that with S2 satellite. Now I don't know how, the antenna and cable for the dvb-t2 is not plugged into the STB, and I still receive the signal and can watch the programs without problems. In the info page of the program it clearly states that is the T2 signal and not S2. I was wondering how is this possible, is it perhaps because the STB knows the location of the signal, but wouldn't still antenna be needed?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom