1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MechAssault for XBox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Squiffy, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    Is anyone else playing this at the moment?

Being on Live has turned a very ordinairy game into a very enjoyable one.

I've found one good website with an overview of all the available mechs, advice on strategy, etc. See http://www.crushkill.net/

See you all online : GamerTag Squiffy

2. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.. doesn't have that much info up yet.. also I'll see you on MechAssault sometime, I'm getting it tommorow :smashin:

3. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    It hasn't been updated since I put my update up. Oh well, at least the overview of the mechs is worthwhile, plus the two maps.

I'm still not sure of my favourite mech at the moment. Its probably the Ragnarok. It's definitely worth completing the single player game to unlock it.

4. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I absolutely hated this game at first but now its gets the most live time along side unreal. Its such a deep game if you stick with it.

Learn which mechs are good and in what locations (they're far from balanced)

Use the defenses constantly

Learn when to use each weapon (taking into account heat, proximity etc.)

Fire other weapons while others charge, i'e hold fire and cycle through with 'L' (not possible with all, Belial is good for this i.e)

Fire the gauss rifle, hit L to fire a single round of missiles, L again and fire lasers while you line up the shot then hit L again to fire the gauss...repeat.

5. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    On Live it's a really good squad game, if your squad work together and plan which mechs they want to be properly. I.e. a long range bruiser, some all rounders and a small, fast mech (to nick all the power ups).

I'm getting well tired of all the Mad Cats in every game. They're too powerful for the rest of the game.

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    Heehee, Madcats have always been the bane of a FASA based game. They are the Mech everyone loves and it usually kicks everyones butt!