Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mech Assault 2, any good?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by chillo, Feb 7, 2005.

1. chillo

chillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    been thinking about this, is it any good?

i'm busy with halo2, pgr2 & Moto GP2 on live which are all great, but have been thinking this looks good

Is it good on live? any views appreciated! :thumbsup:

2. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    I've read a review somewhere, can't quite remember where, which gave it about 7 out of 10.

The first game was OK with a decent experience on Live. I think this second one has done a lot to improve this part of the game with clan support etc.

I'm going to wait for a couple of UK mag reviews, or recommendations from members here before I buy so I'll look forward to further replies in this thread!

3. Rawschach

Rawschach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,047
    my chum balmega thinks this game is the dogs bazoonas on live. He is even playing it instead of halo 2. I am too addicted to halo and resi 4 to join him

4. chillo

chillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    anyone got this then?

5. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Yup - single player is generally pretty good but it suffers from so-so voice acting and takes its time to get going. Also, playing on a regular telly you don't always get the real impression of controlling a 20m tall killer robot ... most of the time it feels like you are just controlling a slow man-sized bot. Playing it on a projector fixes this though :)

Mutliplayer it is excellent. Some really great online options. Of course you get the usual squad of annoying American kids and savants who do nothing but play it and therefore always kick your arse, but it has surprising depth to it and isn't just the battle of attrition that you might have feared.

I got mine for about 40 quid with an Xbox live pack (12 months + communicator) and another 2 month trial voucher so I'm pretty happy with the deal: Especially since I'm wanting to change my GamerTag so I can actually get 14 months online from it......

Cheers,

Gav