Meat puppets new album

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, May 4, 2007.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    Gosh, golly me........Cris (disappeared after drug addiction) and Curt Kirkwood back together again and about to launch a new album for release on July 17th. Entitled Rise to your knees and on the independent Anodyne label it sounds like it could be a return to form. There is a full song from the album on myspace called disappear and it sounds like they may indeed be back

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=7730952

Warning : for those who dont know the Puppets you should know that its not the sort of thing that you take to like a duck to water. They are very much an 'off the map' band whos strange off kilter out of tune lyrics will confound most peoples understanding of decent music. If you think this sounds like a really bad amateur band I totally understand :D Scratch at the surface a lot and you might find yourself warming to whats on offer (you will still grimace when letting others listen to your bad taste ).

If you do find you like what you hear may I suggest Meat Puppets II, Heuvos and Up on the Sun .

They are also touring, sadly, only in the US:( . If they come to the UK it will be the next best thing to having the miracle of Nirvana reforming.

2. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    It sounds like...
    well, like the Meat Puppets ! :D

Lets, hope there's some " mighty fine pickin' " on this one, I felt "No Joke" was a tad monotonous and lacked variety - a few decent tracks on it though.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,238

No Joke was made at the point when Cris was probably so drug addled that the band were having a hard time staying together. Its probably the reason that Derek Bostrom has decided not to join the band as he now has a nice stable life.

I own one of Cris Kirkwoods original pen and ink scribbles........its as good as any indicator as to his state of mind leading up to his term in Gaol, scares the hell out of visiting nieces and nephews :D

The Kirkwoods were born to play together, they certainly compliment each other, unlike the attempt with ex Nirvana bassist Kris on Eyes Adrift.