1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me + Service menu = Arrrrrrgghh!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mmj, Aug 9, 2003.

1. mmj

mmj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

i'm hoping some TV expert/technician can offer me help and very gratefully solve my problem.

I have the foolowing tv: Samsung CW28C33NS.

Problem is as follows:

A while back I basically went mad in the service menu (yeah I know i shouldn't have)...

Anyway, whenever the tv is displaying an RGB input via scart (such as PS2, telewest digital in RGB mode) I get horizontal lines on-screen occasionally, sometime 2 onscreen at the same time, they move up and down the screen and anything above or below them is a different shade to the other side (as though someone is moving a piece of darker glass up and down in front of the tv). If there are 2 lines on screen they don't move in synchronisation and sometimes meet each other in the middle of the screen where they then stretch apart again (one moves up and other one down).

I'm sure it is something to do with a setting I've altered that controls rgb timings or something, the issue is very annoying so i appreciate help (PLEASE!)..

i've tried to describe the problem best i can but if you need more info just ask, but PLEASE HELP i've been told this forum is the best for tv techy advice.

Thank you!

Regards.

2. Turisu

Turisu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best thing to do would be to try and find a factory reset procedure. If you can't find one specific to your model of TV then search for another Samsung TV that uses the same method you used to access the service menu. Chances are the reset procedure will also be the same.

3. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Be very careful of factory resets, this can leave you with a screen not much bigger than a postage stamp!

4. Turisu

Turisu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like there's not alot to lose in this case :)
    The factory reset on my old 36" Toshiba saved me many times before I started writing down things I'd changed...

5. mmj

mmj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi guys thanks for the replies, i'd love to be able to restore factory resets but i dont know how unfortunately! there is absolutely NOTHING in the service menu to achieve this.

If there is some special combination i can try then please tell me, as i've looked high and low over the net via google and cannot find a damn thing! :(

please help.

6. Turisu

Turisu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What was the procedure for entering the service mode?

7. mmj

mmj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Enter Standby mode > Display > Menu > Mute > On/Standby.

Thanks! :)

8. Turisu

Turisu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This or may not be of help, but it's the best I could find. It's a table of service menu codes for a different Samsung TV to yours that uses the same method to access the service menu.
    But this model clearly has a Reset command in the menu which I presume yours does not. Well, for what it's worth...

http://nicolep.digitalrice.com/tv/samsung_service_menu.htm