Me raster done a runner

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AV nutter, Aug 18, 2006.

1. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :suicide: :suicide: Ok guys who got me raster been playing about with this beast for hours no raster i think its lgged it lol .mike

2. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have some good pics of raster i look at so i know what im looking at please ty.mike :lease:

3. Barcoing Mad

Barcoing Mad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Mike - hard to work out what the hell you're on about. The raster is the scanned electron beam trace within which the video picture sits. With video i/p blanked at black, tweaking up your brightness should illuminate your raster on the tube faces....a gently glowing area usually a little bigger than your active video piccy.

4. morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
  5. helipilot

helipilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Mike,

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for :-

The image is of the green tube in My GE Imager 901 when it is being sent a black field from an HTPC. The brightness is cranked up so you can see the raster and active image area. The raster is defined by the larger trapezium. The active image area is defined by the brighter inner trapezium. The borders you can see are the porches (blacker than black). It is important that the video image never reaches the edge of the tubes especially in a nec projector as that could overheat and even crack the tube. The raster should be centred on the tube surface and the video image should be centred within the raster.

hope that helps

Attached Files: