Me Myself

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by cerebus, Jan 24, 2001.

1. cerebus

cerebus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got this disk today and only just finished watching it.

It's a great feature packed dvd but the box info lets it down.

There are about 10 cut scenes and you can watch this 'branched' into the main feature if you want but this isn't mentioned on the box only in the cut scene section.

Same with the behind the scene features.

The film is very funny and sick and the kids are great.

If any else ever looks for picture jackets through their dvd, check this one out. Mine was all messed up not like the one or two others I've seen.

Cheers

2. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is this film any good????? i was going to order it until i read it was careys worst film. what do other members think? Can i be swayed?
    fire away...........
    Mark

3. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    is this film any good????? i was going to order it until i read it was careys worst film. what do other members think? Can i be swayed?

Can't speak from 1st hand experience as mine is on order, however it does remind me of a similar "backlash" that was applied to Steve Martin when Father of the Bride was released, many so-called critics said it was his worst film. Personally I just think people expect too much of actors/actresses after they have made a name for themselves in a particular genre.

To date the only Jim Carrey film that disappointed me on first viewing was Cable Guy, however after a couple more viewings, I have begun to appreciate it's un-nerving and brutal humour.

So, the short answer is buy it if you are a fan, because everyones expectations/thoughts on this DVD will be different. Unless of course you get lots of replies and a definate pattern begins to emerge.

p.s. how about some reviews on Man In The Moon ?, I am thinking of buying it based upon a friends recommendation

4. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Personally I think Me, Myself and Irene was superb, really, really funny. While it wasn't as funny as Dumb & Dumber it is the Farrelly's next best film - easily. I watched it on my own and laughed out loud loads of times which, for me, is a sign of a good comedy. Check my review [​IMG]

BTW, Man On The Moon is also a very good film, it's not really played for out and out laughs and Carrey gets a chance to act (which he does very well), it's definitely worth a gamble if you're thinking about it.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

5. BrynTeg

BrynTeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,935
  6. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for these thoughts on "Me Myself And Irene" , maybe the reviewers are wrong, but then again everyone has their own taste. Many people told me that "CASTAWAY" was no good, but i saw it tonight, ( my misses wanted to see it) but it surprised me, i can honesty say i really enjoyed it, (even if the ending let it down). SOD IT, i've been looking for a new film to order from "play", i'll order "me myself & irene", after i've finished this post. i've just got back from the cinema so i'm still in the film "mood" As a rule i think carey is fantastic, i just hope its £18 well spent. Thank for the tips on this film, you've earnt "play" another sale.
    MARK
    P.S someones going to reply now telling me this film is s**t arn't you?, oh well its too late. i look foward to the weekend when hopefully i can watch for myself.

7. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No [​IMG] If you're a Carrey and Farrelly Bros fan, you won't be disappointed - lots of gross humour [​IMG]

8. The Taskmaster

The Taskmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a good film. Not as funny as Something About Mary, but it does have a story underneath the gags. Oh yeah, according to the end credits, Anna Kournikova is in there somewhere. I don't know if this is a gag or not, I'll have to watch it again.

------------------
    The inspiration NOT the imitation
    The Mighty TM - the LEGEND lives on...

9. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks the movie is now ***ordered***

10. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,521
    I refer you chaps to the news section where you will find a preview.