1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

me and my psp, sceen protector-dead pixel-lcd screen pressure marks! cheap memory!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by whitelegend, Sep 7, 2005.

1. whitelegend

whitelegend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    id thought i just post everything i want to say about the psp and what i want to find out in this one forum,
    first of all - screen protectors.

i researched them lots b4 i got my psp and it looks like from reviews the hori one is best so i got one off ebay, its very good, anti-glare 'n all :p but i put a kink in it by accident and got loads of dust and fingerprints on it - was well gutted, so i ordered another one, but the today i was just messing around and took it off the psp, i experimented- i put it sticky face up flat on a surface ( i used a cd jewel case) then placed sticky black electrical tape over it in strips, covering the screen protecter, then i peeled this off the cd case (tape and screen protector) so that on the other side of the tape the non sticky side of the screen protector was showing, the kink was still there so i rubbed up and down the kink with my fingernail - dint seem to do anything. then i peeled the screen protector off the tape and put it back on my psp (outside- i highly reccommend doing it outside - no dust and good light) but when i put the protector on the psp i couldnt see the kink, i must of got rid of it, and no dust particles under the screen! wooohoo

secondly pressure marks does anyone have this on their psp?
    along the bottom of the screen when the psp is turned on and is on a darker background (has to be in dim light to see this) there seems to be lcd pressure marks, like there is somthing pressing on the screen at the bottom - its like when u press a laptops screen you know but thers no funny colours just like lighter bits in like a wavy shape at the bottom, its really hard to explain lol. but its annoying me and i just want to know if its normal, it doesnt really affect the gameplay at all.

thirdly - dead pixels - grrrr i have one on my psp near the bottom of my screen, i dont think it was there when i gottit, but i cud of been, i think its a stuck pixel anyway - not a dead pixel. coz its constantly on white and it shows up on a black screen, it really bugs me, coz i like my new toys to be perfect, i probably wudnt care if it happened a few years of having my psp. i gottit from gameplay.co.uk (highly reccommend them btw) i sent an email, they said "If it has dead pixels and it is impairing the playability and use of the PSP then we could exchange this for you" but im not sure if they would have any in stock, and also dont know if they would replace it. do you think they would? and i dont want to have to wait for ages, how long have i got to get a replacement? it says 14 days, but surely if its a fault with a product its longer than that! oh and also the pixel fixer dint work for me. grrr dead pixels.

also yo u guys might be interested - theres a guy on ebay currently selling 1gb psp memory sticks for a total of £51 (thats including everything) i got one :D

also if any of you guys registered your psp on www.yourpsp.com you shud recieve a psp pack, i wondered when it was gonna come, so i phone up cust. support. they said from 3 days to a month. she said that id probably next getit in the nxt few days - so there we go.

i think thats all i wanted to say - oh and also does anyone else keep gettign scratches on that metal disk on their psp? wonder if theres a way to get them out some dik said wire wool hahahah, as if. maybe u can get replacement umd doors.

ok finished now :)

2. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Regarding the pressure, I get that sometimes, but I've not had it in a while. It's like someone pushed down on the screen, but it disappears when I play a game or watch a film. Haven't seen it in a while now.

Good news about the packs. I hope I get mine, as I registered with a JPN PSP :)

3. whitelegend

whitelegend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yea same, i dont notice that much and u can only see it in certain light, probs me just being fussy. i noticed that the pressure pattern seems to correlate to the buttons along the bottom

4. whitelegend

whitelegend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm, have been running the pixel fixer, it makes the stuck pixel dimmer, but then it slowly gets brighter after using the psp normally again. maybe i have to use the fixer long enought to make the pixel dim enough to not make it visible then it may stay that way...

5. whitelegend

whitelegend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is a white pixel a stuck one or a dead one? i noticed it says on the psp website and manual that red blue and green and black pixels are a regular occurance, so maybe i can replace it as i have a white one, they say nothing about white ones.

6. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    White is a dead pixel. Black, green, red, blue are stuck pixels.

I left that pixel video running overnight.

7. dave1de

dave1de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have some pressure marks on the right hand side. You only see them if you hold it at the right spot in the right light.

It has to be on its side and at an angle to see them

8. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    I'm pretty sure its black are DEAD pixels and any other colours are stuck. What does this mean?

Black can't be fixed. Other colours have small chance of fixing with stuck pixel remover program

9. whitelegend

whitelegend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats wot i thought?!?

10. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    My bad. Half asleep when I was typing. Black and white are dead. Blue, Red and Green (primary colours) are stuck as all colours are a variation/combination of those 3 AFAIK.

11. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have those pressure points on the bottom as well. Just never know what to call them.

So looks like everyone are seeing the same thing.....glad it wasn't just me !

Luckely not that obvious in gameplay, only on black backgrounds..