1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me again! Sorry! Software won't work

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by gedclink, Nov 16, 2001.

1. gedclink

gedclink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies for filling the board up with questions...

Hopefully someone can help..Just downloaded the latest european version of the PC editor for my RC5000i from the Marantz website..

All installed etc and when I try to download info from my RC5000i handheld to the editor it displays the following

" Can't get valid information from RC5000 "

It certainly knows its there because if i take the connection out it then displays the message

" Can't find device "

My questions: Is this the wrong editor as the error message talks about the 5000 model..NOT the 5000i.

In the device menu I already have selected 5000i
    (2 mb)so I thought the software was correct??

Can anyone help me...I'm running Win 98 and a tad fed up.

Thx

Ged

2. Vis Man

Vis Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Ged

I had the same problem. Before you select the download key hit the emulate key see which page this brings up (for some reson my goes to my tv channel page) if you then set your control to the same The program should now load into the Marantz. I found this out from remote central.

Hope this helps

3. gedclink

gedclink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much wiggling of the cable it would appear I have a faulty connection inside the remote..Odd thing is the connection appears good enough for the software to recognise it is attached but not good enough for a download.

Thanks to those who posted and those who mailed me directly.

Regards

Ged