MDA 3 (java internet problems)

P

pr1uk

just had a friend round who tried out his new MDA 111 on my wireless network, worked a dream but he could not get access to some pages because of java problems. i.e. you can go on the lottery page or excite but you cannot log on as the internet does not have java or so he as just told me.
Is this right i was looking to get one of these but i cannot see the point if you can surf but not log into some site including my bank.
Cheers for reading it seemed a nice phone a little big but not too big

Heya

Yeah you can run Java stuff on your MDA3. Windows software does not come with a Java VM anymore thanks to MS and the US courts and Sun having a "lovers tiff" ;) .

You can download many diferent Java engines though from people like Sun or another...

take a look here

Monty Burns said:
Heya

Yeah you can run Java stuff on your MDA3. Windows software does not come with a Java VM anymore thanks to MS and the US courts and Sun having a "lovers tiff" ;) .

You can download many diferent Java engines though from people like Sun or another...

take a look here

Thank you so much, someone at work as given me Netfront browser that will work as it as java in it so i am passing that on. I will keep a copy as i am beginning to like this phone more and more and i think i will get myself one for xmas.

No Prob. Good luck and hope it works out well for you. I love mine. Tell your friend to get looking at software like "Betaplayer" and the encoding apps for it as well. You will then suddenly be watching your DVD's on your phone! How cool is that!

Gimmicky but very cool :)

Then plug in a GPS and purchase Tom Tom and you have a in-car navigation! Or maybe Pocket Streets for a walking "Tourist Guide" to the city your in.

This phone is very powerfull.

Monty Burns said:
No Prob. Good luck and hope it works out well for you. I love mine. Tell your friend to get looking at software like "Betaplayer" and the encoding apps for it as well. You will then suddenly be watching your DVD's on your phone! How cool is that!

Gimmicky but very cool :)

Then plug in a GPS and purchase Tom Tom and you have a in-car navigation! Or maybe Pocket Streets for a walking "Tourist Guide" to the city your in.

This phone is very powerfull.

I use PVauther to encode vidoe alreadty for my totaly unlocked/unbraded Motorola A1000, but i am after the MDA 2 or SPV M2000 whatever deal iget best. As for Tom Tom i keep checking ebay but the ones on there seem to be for Nokia 6xxx series but they must be out there for the MDA3/SPV200/i-mate they are all the same. I asume the bluetooth GPS is standard so yes i may go and try Tom Tom, but got to get a good deal on the phone first then sale the A1000....................
cheers

I got my XDAIIs (same as MDAIII/M2000 only looks cooler in black!) free from O2 by theatening to move networks.

I use Windows Media Encoder which is free from free from MS website to convert Video to WMV, then you can play it back on phone using Win Media player without installing any other software.

I can tell you from experience the more software you install on Windows phones the less stable they become.

TomTom Navigator 4 or 5 is the version you need for Pocket PC phones, about £99 to buy, I downloaded a copy using P2P first to try it then bought the full version when I was happy with it.

You will need to install the latest patch for version 5 though or the on screen keyboard won't work on Blue Angel devices.

best site for HTC phones here - http://www.xda-developers.com/

uridium said:
I got my XDAIIs (same as MDAIII/M2000 only looks cooler in black!) free from O2 by theatening to move networks.

I use Windows Media Encoder which is free from free from MS website to convert Video to WMV, then you can play it back on phone using Win Media player without installing any other software.

I can tell you from experience the more software you install on Windows phones the less stable they become.

TomTom Navigator 4 or 5 is the version you need for Pocket PC phones, about £99 to buy, I downloaded a copy using P2P first to try it then bought the full version when I was happy with it.

You will need to install the latest patch for version 5 though or the on screen keyboard won't work on Blue Angel devices.

best site for HTC phones here - http://www.xda-developers.com/

Thanks for the link i will get one of these phones from Orange or if they dont suppy i will change networks and get one next month.
Tom Tom yes i was hoping to download (i dont do the P2P stuff) a copy to try and of course you need the GPS adapter but i think if you have a phone that does it you should try it.........
cant wait to see who will give me my new phone
cheers
Peter

pr1uk said:
Thanks for the link i will get one of these phones from Orange or if they dont suppy i will change networks and get one next month.
Tom Tom yes i was hoping to download (i dont do the P2P stuff) a copy to try and of course you need the GPS adapter but i think if you have a phone that does it you should try it.........
cant wait to see who will give me my new phone
cheers
Peter

Its also free from T-Mobile - just not in cool black :mad: Be warned though, I only got mine free coz my bills were usualy around 100 a month and had been for 4 years. If your bills are a lot less then they may not do it free for you....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom