MD5 Line out cable

B

Bazz

What /where is special about the lineout cable.Are they Sony Walkman specific or will they be stocked by PCWorld etc (uk)
TIA
Bazz

There are two types of line out cable that I'm aware of. One sort has a 3.5mm jack at one end, and red and white phono leads at the other. I use one of these with my Technics hifi to link my HD5 into the AUX sockets at the rear.

The other sort I know about has two 3.5mm jacks, one at either end. Some smaller Sony micro systems seem to use these.

I'm sure other types exist. I got a JVC one (for the hifi) at Curry's for £10; and the 3.5mm to 3.5mm one I got for £14 from a Sony Centre - forget which make it is.

Hope this helps a bit.

I am currently using the jack to two phono leads and no problem at all. I made a great investment on it : 5 €

Regards

A good thing to note is that if you have bought a Sony digital camera, they probably supplied you with a cable that is 3.5mm to twin RCA. This cable is meant for showing your images / video on your TV, however the contacts on the 3.5mm jack are exactly the same as for a stereo sound source and wil work well to hook your player up to an amp / speakers.

sorry to stray slightly off topic ........... you know when listening to hd5 through stereo with the audio out setting as i do of an evening then half asleep the next morning on my way to work i lose my hearing cause i forgot to switch it back to headphone output ......... well this is new to me (prob not to others ) but i started using my new mc40elk remote this morning for the first time and with it plugged in it automatically defaults to headphone audio out , no more lose of hearing for me then .......... i told you it was of topic and i've now realised probably of no intrest to anyone but seeing as how i have just typed all of this out i can't be bothered deleting it :boring:

BIGRED said:
sorry to stray slightly off topic ........... you know when listening to hd5 through stereo with the audio out setting as i do of an evening then half asleep the next morning on my way to work i lose my hearing cause i forgot to switch it back to headphone output ......... well this is new to me (prob not to others ) but i started using my new mc40elk remote this morning for the first time and with it plugged in it automatically defaults to headphone audio out , no more lose of hearing for me then .......... i told you it was of topic and i've now realised probably of no intrest to anyone but seeing as how i have just typed all of this out i can't be bothered deleting it :boring:

It is a good point you made, and I found it interesting and worthwhile. So thank you.

thanks for your replies and help.
I am , however , still not sure because the lineout socket on my Hdd NW-HD5 is rectangular and approx 8mmx2mm.
Any more info for an old fart fast becoming out of his depth?
cheers
bazz :confused:

Bazz said:
thanks for your replies and help.
I am , however , still not sure because the lineout socket on my Hdd NW-HD5 is rectangular and approx 8mmx2mm.
Any more info for an old fart fast becoming out of his depth?
cheers
bazz :confused:

Panic not, dear Bazz, for what you refer to has nowt to do with the line out - it's the jack for the optional remote :D The line out shares the standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so it's all good :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom