McIntosh launches its first-ever headphone - news discussion

Is it me ... or is it starting to feel a little "me too".

They are a bit late to the party as it appears all the traditional HiFi (electronics and speaker) companies are now launching headphones.

Is it me ... or is it starting to feel a little "me too".

They are a bit late to the party as it appears all the traditional HiFi (electronics and speaker) companies are now launching headphones.

There is that feeling yes. However if it means more good headphones on the market than I can't see a bad side this this. OK so £2k headphones are out of my league but if you want to spend that much on some cans, then you choices are somewhat limited. Least this is one more for your consideration.

Depends on what you're used to. If you're a McKintosh fan and has already spent a mortgage on their full system but want to have that experience on the go, its not a bad idea. Some ppl need to downsize for various reasons.

Throw in the gold standard Chord Hugo and it easily gets to well over £3k.

But the upside with cans is no expensive cabling debate. No room modes or acoustics. No fighting over sweetspots. WAF. Neighbours.

I was sceptical about the Hugo. But its been a big hit. Shows I know nothing. Mcs have never been about volume. Cans can't really go wrong can they? Might even find a new market niche.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom