1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE2k5 on a hdtv questions

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by chadwick626, Oct 18, 2005.

1. chadwick626

chadwick626
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just had an issue with severe flickering which i havent looked into yet but if anyone has an easy solution fo r me let me know...

im using a x800 gto2 and a dvi>hdmi cable.

the screen doesnt look as good as i thought it would.. does anyone do any gaming on large hdtvs? hows it look?

what adjustments do i need to make? will it automatically transmit 1080i or do i need to set it somewhere?

any tips to make it look good for playing extremely graphically intensive games?

2. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    you can overclock you card to an x850xt pe...

3. JayList

JayList

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will let you know when I get my dlp on fri. Otherwise Razor should know.

Do you use PowerStrip?

4. chadwick626

chadwick626
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    powerstrip? not farmiliar with it?

and yeah i know i can.. ive got the stuff for it im just having a really bad flickering problem with the display on the tv and i dont have any monitors laying around. ive been doing everything through vnc on my laptop and once i get the monitor thing straightened out ill start to make it mine. just got it 4-5 days ago.

5. ACMErubberDuck

ACMErubberDuck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What resolution have you got your MCE machine set to?

6. chadwick626

chadwick626
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    856x480p

its a 56" 16:9

i got it looking pretty decent with the help of powerstrip (thanks everyone)

but the sides are slighty arched in.. like they are with a monitor but with a monitor u have the option to adjust that.

my biggest problem however is the screen is slightly shiftying up and down, one line up one line down one line up.... etc... anyone have any idea how i could fix this? is 480p what i should be running my tv at?

also when i try to run aquamark3 the title screen works but when i click start the test the screen goes into active lines of horizontal "static." the program displays fine on the laptop if i go into the desktop through vnc and t displays fine on a vga monitor. the static stopps when the test is completed. any ideas about that? im hoping it wont do that any time i play a game cause i built this with the intention of doing some heavy gaming