MCE2005 TV problem help!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by hermanmunster, Mar 17, 2005.

1. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have recently built a MCE2005 system connected to my PWD6 Panny plasma by the VGA connector. The graphics card is a GeForce Ti4600 256Mb and the TV card a Hauppage WinTV PVR 250.
    I have set the resolution at 1280 x 720 which gives a fantastic picture on the plasma. Win DVD 6 works flawlessly with DVD output @720p.
    Here's the problem...when Media centre is running the TV picture only covers a fraction (25%) of the centre of the screen with a black border around it. The Plasma is setup correctly in Media Centre via the built in videos and of course as I've said Win DVD works brilliantly.
    If I lower the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 (or lower) the TV picture is fine with the correct aspect ratio...PC picture is not so hot and DVD suffers too.
    Is this a limitation of the Hauppage TV card??? :confused:

2. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,154
    This may not be the solution, but have you tried pressing the i button on the mce remote when you are watching live tv? You should get 3 zoom options which change the aspect ratio, and may fill your screen correctly!

3. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Lisag you are a star the Zoom3 mode sorted it out..it's now brilliant :clap: :smashin: