1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE2005 Problems

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by kyle reece, Oct 19, 2005.

1. kyle reece

kyle reece

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i hope someone has an answer for my problems !!
    i built a MCE PC and everything was working ok until one day i got a automatic update, after the update the pc would not boot tried everyting but to no avail.
    so i got another Hdd 80gig and use my 200 gig as the main record drive, installed mce on the new 80gig but it wont tune in to any stations i have tried taking the cards out deleting the drivers etc but it still wont find anything, have two blackgold dvbt cards.
    i have tried to upgrade to rollup 2, upgraded netframework to 1.1 and also sp1 when i try to install rollup 2 it says that it will only work on MCE 2005 i have installed rollup 1 ok i also get the same problem when i install tweakmce but when i go into MCE it says it is 2005 .
    any help :lease:

2. deksawyer

deksawyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Cut & pasted from a post by Werner;

check out this registry key;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Media Center

the value on the right hand side for the key "ident" should equal 3.1 if you have rollup 1 installed, and 4.0 if you have rollup 2 installed. Change as necessary to get the installer to run.

D.

3. kyle reece

kyle reece

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply i will give it a go as soon as i can.