1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE2005 MyTV problem

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by zAndy1, Feb 6, 2005.

1. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,696
    I'm piping S-video and audio out of my Denon 3805 amp to my Hauppage PVR150MCE capture card. The signal comes out of the VCR1 outputs of the amp i.e. whatever source is selected is passed through to the VCR1 outputs. There seems to be quite a delay introduced somewhere such that the picture on the PC is anywhere up to 10 seconds behind realtime. The real problem is that I select TV on the amp and the sound is in sync with the picture on the TV but it's obviously way out of sync with the picture on the PC! I guess the only way the sound will be in sync is if I select the input on the amp using the digital input from the PC but then I lose the picture cos it's the selected source that gets sent out of the VCR1 outputs to the PVR150 input! Any ideas how to solve this?

Cheers
    Andy

2. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Its because the PVR150 is encoding. The image you see from a PVR150 is the encoded image. So thats part of the dealy. Then you get the Nvidia Codecs adding another smaller delay as they deal with the MPEG. The only way round it is to use the audio output of the PVR150 through the PC.

3. james1700

james1700

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can any one help with this. I have MCE2005 set up and a Hauppage WinTV PVR-150 installed. On media center i can get channel 3, 4, 5. my aerial is plugged directly in to the card. Channel 1 and 2 i can not get however i have beyond tv 4 installed on my pc aswell and that pics up all channels in better quality. I can not figure out what is wrong

Hope someone can help - cheers james

4. tinners

tinners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Ah the MCE compromise I call it. :)

I dont even know if this is possible (I'm no receiver expert believe me) but can you connect the PVR150 outputs (L&R) to your amp so it will switch on receiving that signal, but then set the amp to actually output the sound from SPDIF connection from the PC ?