1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE2005 DMS 2 hi def playback

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by robe1101, Jul 28, 2005.

1. robe1101

robe1101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am thinking of getting a hi grade dms 2 in order to playback hi def content (.ts files) on a plasma (Panasonic TH37PV500) screen. I have read in a few forums that mc2005 can't do this, could anyone confirm this or tell me what I may need in order to do this.

Has anyone any experience of connecting the dms 2 to the TH37PV500 ?

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    .ts files seem to play ok in Media Player 10, but there are a number of other players around that will play them back ok - outside of the MCE interface. You may need to operate it with a mouse rather than the MCE remote though, although if you have programmable remote you could find a workaround.

What graphics card does the DMS have?

Should be straightforward to connect via DVI or VGA.

lisa

3. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    MCE 2005 recognised my .ts files, and they appear in My Videos once I installed the NVidia PureVideo DVD Decoder and forced WMP10 to play them once in normal XP mode. I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro GFX card. The MCE remote will play, pause, stop and even skip at 2 min (approx.) intervals back and forward.