1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE05 sloowwss and crashes with sonicencoders dvd burn

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Dunkwho, May 20, 2005.

1. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I tried using the sonicencoders.msi pluggin last night to write a copy of the grand designs huf haus episode to dvd for the mother in law. When through the normal gubbins (select show from recorded tv, start DVD burn) but found that the PC ground to a virtual halt causing the live TV to stop and stutter, MCE eventually died when the bar was about sonic 3%. Tried this twice with the same results, anyone else having better luck? I've seen greenbutton comments that this works but not specifically from anyone in the UK, crossed my mind that might be widescreen related???

Duncan

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had lots of problems using that too. I gave up in the end and I'm using Nero Vision Express 3.

You can get it quite cheaply by buying the OEM Nero and then applying the "Reloaded" updates.

The DVDs play fine on an s/a player and in PowerDVD but, for some unknown (M$?) reason they are tinted red when played back through MC. But I can live with that.

Dave

3. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    its not mce UI compatible tho ... is it ?? I'd like to be able to burn without getting all windowzy all over the place, maybe i'll try the sonic primetime app ...

4. stuartmc

stuartmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have had similar problems trying to use the Sonic Encoders. Found out that I was just impatient, left it burning overnight and it got there in the end. There is also a burning update for MCE aimed at PAL users which might also help search for "Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Create DVD Update" at Microsoft