1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE WinTV PVR150 with SKY

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by pony1982, Aug 20, 2005.

1. pony1982

pony1982
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there,

I've been trying to get media center 2005 working with sky, using a WinTV PVR 150 MCE TV Card, and a Radeon 9600 XT Graphics Card.

I've connected the sky digibox to the TV Card via S-Video (I got a JVC Scart --> S-Video / Red+White sound). I also have the Media Center remote with IR Blaster hooked up.

When searching for a signal automatically, nothing's found. When I search manually and select s-video1 or s-video2 in the options, i just get noise - no picture/sound at all.

I've been messing about with this for the last three days now and am about to break my head in frustration. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which digibox have you got? Only some Grundigs and the Sky+ have an s-video output. Neither of these put s-video out over the scart. They have a dedicated s-video socket.

Dave

3. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Indeed - its unlikely your box outputs Svideo over the scart.

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not "unlikely" it's impossible

5. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Even though it's impossible to be getting s-video from your digibox you should still be getting composite which while it gives inferior picture quality should still be something for you to watch. I have never had problems connecting a digibox to MCE. Which SCART are you plugged in to? What model of digibox do you have? Trying another lead would be a good start.

Personally I use a 40 quid RGB->s-video converter from Maplins that greatly improves the PQ

6. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I don't know about SKY boxes but I have a freeview box that outputs SVIDEO from scart socket number 2.
    I think its only the Grundig boxes that output svideo and that is through a proper SVIDEO connector not from the SCART socket.
    Maybe SKY plus boxes output it through scart ?

7. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll say it again: No Sky Digibox will put s-video out via Scart.

Yes, I know some freeview boxes can have s-video by scart but they are not told by Murdock what they can and can't do with their boxes.

Pony1982 is using a scart to s-video cable. He will need a scart to composite cable to get any kind of picture from either of the scart sockets.

Pony1982, keep your eye on the classifieds forum. I may be selling one of my Grundigs with a dedicated s-video output in the near future.

Dave