1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE Vs XBOX can you hoo both up to one TFT???

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Reaper2391, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Reaper2391

Reaper2391

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi One and all,

After spending the last week turning my Pc in to a full entertainment unit....
    (Just moved in to a flat, and am using the my Pc for tv, dvd's, music, etc)
    ... I want to push the limit.

I'm running a Hauppauge 150 pvr (MCE) as my tuner and am wanting to connect my xbox so i can use my TFT as the tv for this as well.
    I have heard in other threads that you can't hook up more than one input on a single tuner card, it this right???
    I was kinda hoping that I could hook up my freeview box to the the aerial connection on the tuner card and then hook up my xbox to the composite plug on the same tuner. Is this viable???
    If not can any one think of a better way of hooking it up. I want to be able to play my Xbox on the TFT but without having to keep unplugging the tv connection.

Would appreciate any advice.

Just like to say a big thankyou to everyone out there putting up threads, In the last week i've gone from knowing bugger all about MCE to building a flawless media centre, Cheers everyone :thumbsup:

Dan

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    Hi Dan,

Well done on building your media centre :smashin:

If you are capturing video from an external source (set top box) s-video should give better quality than the aerial connection. But if you are watching freeview a DVB-T based card is probably a better solution (PCI or USB).

As for the xbox... would you really want to put this through the PC? How about an external video switch box into the panel?

lisa

3. Reaper2391

Reaper2391

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for relpying Lisa!!
    Don't really mind how I hook up the xbox just want to do it so I can use the TFT as the picture outlet. Like your idea about an external switch but would'nt that just give me picture? I want to throw the sound through my speakers on the pc. Just had a look on ebay and found something like what you mean called an XGA box but this retials at £25 with £15 P&P coming form Hongkong, ouch!!
    Want to get the xbox hooked up but not sure I want to spend another £40 after the recent upgrades i've done

Dan

4. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    You can't have the xbox going through the MCE as there is about a 2 sec delay for the live buffer reacting to games 2sec late would not really work