MCE to LCD over VGA

jsync

Standard Member
Hi,

I am looking a either a 32wlt66 or 32s2010 but i'm a bit confussed about pc support and resolutions. I understand that the 32wlt66 is not as flexible as the 32s2010 but what does this really mean to SD digital tv viewed via MCE?? I know that people are having issues setting an acceptable desktop but I only want it for the MCE interface and TV, will it be ok?

If i want to view any HD stuff it will be via an upscaling DVD or HD DVD over HDMI anyway so should I be concerned??

Thanks

J

jcupit

Hi,

I am using MCE on a 32s2010 via VGA, and I have to say the PQ looks great. Both the desktop and MCE look good to me.

But I do have 1 major issue with the 32s2010. It is impossible to get the 32s2010 to use the VGA input source as its default input. So everytime you switch the TV on from cold or standby you have to manually switch from the inbuilt TV freeview tuners to VGA, either via remote (not the MCE remote :( ) or using the source selector button on top of the TV.

Its not a show stopping isssue, but Sony oh why oh why built such a great TV with such a stupid design flaw... :suicide:

J

jsync

Standard Member
As it happens I ordered the sony this morning from John Lewis for £825 delivered :thumbsup: I got bored and went or it because nobody could answer my questions about the Toshiba. I'm not fussed about changing the source it's a small price to pay - hmm I wonder if the microsoft remote can learn??? I think the keyboard can.

Thanks for replying :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom