1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE Setup Movie

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by DaveP, Jul 31, 2005.

1. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following yet more problems I had to do a new install of MCE. This is the first time I have done it since aquiring a 26" LCD TV.

As you know, when you run Media Centre for the first time it allows you to make sure your TV settings are corrrect by playing a short film showing a game of pool with a few friends watching.

I was amazed by the quality of this when viewed on the LCD! It's better (IMHO) than any of the HD trailers I've seen.

Does anyone know what format it is in and if it is possible to play it outside of the MC setup? It would be great to use as a demo.

Thanks

Dave

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
  3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Dual from Asda. It's really a re-badged Hitachi 26LD6200.

It's not HDTV Ready and it's a 15:9 screen but I'm really happy with it connected to my PC by DVI. Freeview shows it's usual faults but DVD playback from a standalone player is ok depending on the disk of course. There's no component input - RGB scart or s-video are the best options. I can't complain for the price (£489.00)

If I were buying today I'd go for the Tosh at Play.com which is HDTV Ready and a bargain at £599!

Dave

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyway, I answered most of the question myself. There are a series of .wmv files within the eHome folder.

I'm still not sure why they look so good on my LCD though!

Dave