1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE remote for other devices

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by richjthorpe, Sep 16, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can the MCE remote be used for controlling other AV devices, eg the volume on my amp ?

Thanks,

Richie.

2. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I just got a Logitech Harmony 680 and after the initial fiddling about with it which really tested my patience its really good! All the functions for MCE plus control another 10+ devices!
    I have it controlling my Plasma, Sky+ and MCE PC and now that I have sat down and set it up I really am pleased.

CCL for £80 delivered.

Cheers

Tone

3. markxtc123

markxtc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    To program buttons on the remote control using the learning feature

1. Place the remote control for Media Center PC head to head (2 to 3 inches apart) with the remote from which it is learning.

2. On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and hold the DVD MENU and OK buttons at the same time until the remote control lights turn off (2 seconds).

3. On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and release the TV, VOL+, or VOL- button, depending on which command you want it to learn.

4. On the remote control that is teaching the command, press and hold the button that you want the corresponding button on the remote control for Media Center PC to learn.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm the selection.

If the remote did not learn the command, the lights blink quickly four times. To try again, repeat steps 1 through 4.

To restore the default remote control settings

1. Press and hold the DVD MENU button and the LEFT navigation button at the same time until the remote control for Media Center PC lights turn off.

2. Press the OK button.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm that the buttons have been reset. The TV button will have no command assigned to it and the VOL+ and VOL- buttons will adjust the Media Center PC volume.

4. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks. I suppose the decision is whether to get the MCE remote or a Harmony.