MCE Recorder - hard Drive space

kn0bby

Standard Member
Hi Guys

I have just set up a Media centre PC, the os is installed on a 40GB drive. In the recorder option of MCE it states how much storage i have left of recording space. I am going to install a 500GB drive along side the 40GB for addtional recording storage and home movie storage.

I am unsure of how i can allocate this space to MCE to show additional storage space?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Knobby

boez

Novice Member
kn0bby said:
Hi Guys

I have just set up a Media centre PC, the os is installed on a 40GB drive. In the recorder option of MCE it states how much storage i have left of recording space. I am going to install a 500GB drive along side the 40GB for addtional recording storage and home movie storage.

I am unsure of how i can allocate this space to MCE to show additional storage space?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Knobby
AFAIK you cannot split MCE recording storage over two drives. There is an option in the setup page to tell MCE to use the larger drive for storage, if you do this then it will report the free space on that drive and not the 'home' drive.

HTH
Andy

kn0bby

Standard Member
Hi

Wheres the setup page, sorry if i'm being thick but ive been through the options and i cannot find this option. I do not want to split the recordings, putting all the recordings on the new drive is fine.

Thanks

Knobby.

kolabere

Novice Member
On the MCE Start Menu - SETTINGS ¦ TV ¦ RECORDER ¦ RECORDER STOTAGE ¦ Record to Drive

Top Bottom