• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MCE, Power DVD Ultra & Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive

abraxus

Hi

I have a Media Centre PC with a 360 HD DVD attached and Power DVD Ultra.

I can play HD DVD's fine in Power DVD from the desktop, and ordinary dvd's start automatically and play fine in Media Centre. However if put a HD DVD in the drive, whilst in Media Centre, Power DVD crashes.

Is it possible to play HD DVD's whilst in Media Centre and if so how?

Thanks

jaymz

No it is not possible to play HD DVD's whilst in Media Centre.

abraxus

Thank you.

Another question, if may be so bold.

When I come out of MCE and put a HD DVD in the drive, before Power DVD opens up, I get a window opening, showing me all the folders on the disk, and I then have to close this so that Power DVD is on top, despite ticking the option for Power DVd to always be on top. Is there any way to stop this window opening as I'm sure it didn't always happen?

Thanks again.

jaymz

That window opening is the file structure of the HD-dvd disk, it must be the default autorun setting for HD-dvds.

I start PoweDVD and then browse to the disk with the software if using a backed up copy on my hard disk or it autoruns if there is a disk in the drive.

jaymz

Open My Computer
Select Properties for your drive.
Select Autorun tab and click Reset Defaults.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom