MCE, plasma and powerstrip, HELP, please

nick901

Standard Member
Hi
I hope someone can help me, i have been at this for at least 2 hours :suicide: . I want to connect the MCE to the component input on my plasma. I have a DVD that works fine (component) and outputs 576p/576i :confused: . I have a geforce 7600gs with DVI o/p that i have connected to the component input on the telly. I have tried, what i thought are the correct settings (720*480) and hundreds more different combinations of settings but to no avail.
Please any help,
cheers
nick.
p.s. works fine via VGA input, but this input is at the font of the telly.

Rambles

Distinguished Member
I would check the manual for the plasma, and see what resolutions / refresh rates are accepted via that input. You don't need powerstrip with Nvidia cards - you can set custom resolutions and refresh rates in the driver settings. Try it without powerstrip.

Last edited:

nick901

Standard Member
Many thanks for the info lisa. I have checked with the manual, plasma will do: 525(480)/60i-60p,625(575)/501-50p, whatever the **** that means :suicide: . The way i look at it, and im probably wrong. The DVD player will output 575/p 576/s component (which works fine) so i presume if i set the output of the video card to the same as the DVD the plasma should accept it??????.:confused:
many thanks again
nick

Rambles

Distinguished Member
Hmm, I am not too sure what that means either, I use 1024 x 576 with my plasma, 1280 x 720 is popular, as is 852 x 480. A friend was using powerstrip with his nvidia card and could not get a picture on his LCD TV, he de-installed powerstrip and just used the nvidia drivers and it worked fine, good luck...

Top Bottom