Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

MCE keeps cutting off the end of programs

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Rambles, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    It's getting very annoying now :mad:

When recording from the guide (freeview) the maximum padding time at the end is 4 minutes, even with mce customiser. The guide does not seem to respond to any changes made to the listings, so if a program is running late - it misses the end.

Anyone know of any clever way round this?

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  2. kolabere

kolabere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    lisag, thanks for all your good advice in the past :smashin: .

Try this:
    (1) To alter a 'fresh' recording, navigate to the program in the guide, highlight and click OK, not the Red button. In 'Program Info' click 'Advanced Record' and then 'Stop'.

You can then add increments of 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 90mins, 2 or 3 hours by clicking OK on the ' + '.

(2) To alter a 'scheduled' recording, navigate Recorded TV> Scheduled> Series Info and then 'Stop' as above.

---------------------------------------
    Now, can you (or anyone) tell me how to get the machine to go into 'stand by' last thing at night when it will be recording for some time to come.

3. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    Well, thankyou very much, I didn't know about that one - will investigate...

I have given up on standby/resume - too much of a PITA, just leave mine on permanently and reboot and do some basic maintenance when I remember... apart from cutting off the end of programs it is actually being very reliable lately :thumbsup:

P.S. That Advanced Record option is much better, will use that from now on - good tip, thankyou :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 28, 2017