• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MCE Install - Quick Question

Cowden_harley

Hi all, I have managed to install MCE !!! Woo hooo i hear you cry.

But, the pieces of hardware that came with the pc aren't recognised like my ethernet card and my tv card. The only software i have is on the receovery disc and it cant find them on that. Any ideas?

need to get them working to record etc.

thanks

PS - I have dual boot facility at the moment. Bog standard xp and media centre edition(bog standard is how the Pc arrived).

O

OneEleven

Are all the drivers installed for XP? If yes, your best bet is to boot XP, download your network driver (unusual that this isn't found as these are fairly standard), reboot MCE and install it, then install all your other drivers over the net.
Who supplied your machine like this? I'd be on to them for some drivers

Cowden_harley

Motherboard ID 02/12/2004-Springdale-G-6A79AM4WC-00

Motherboard Name MSI MS-7048 (Medion OEM)

This any good? I was thinking to see if there was a folder on my original hard drive that I could just copy over.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom