1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE Guide Data very wrong - anyone have the correct listings?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by sniff, Oct 2, 2005.

1. sniff

sniff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Just saw an advert on sky for a few shows on a new channel - abc1 - channel 280. I tried to set a few recordings in MCE and the channel isn't even listed!

Looking more closely and there absolutely loads of channels missing. Setting up the guide again, and obtaining the latest listings also does not help.

Does anyone else have that problem?

I'm on a Bristol post code. If you have the correct sky listings within MCE, could you please please please tell me your post code (or one near you)?

If - like I suspect - no-one has the right listings. I think we should all start spamming microsoft till they sort it out :devil:

2. sniff

sniff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Seriously, has no one with MCE hooked up to sky got guide listing problems?

Or has everyone got problems?

3. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    ITs not so much a guide problem, they are aware they dont provide data for all channels and just cant be bothered to update them simple as that.
    Maybe spamming them will get them into gear.

4. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have that channel in my guide, its 281 on mine. I seem to have all the channels listed correctly in my guide, Im a leeds postcode but I dont see how that would make a difference to the sky channel line up, its the same all over the country isnt it.

5. sniff

sniff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Is that your Media Center Guide, or your Sky guide?

I think the Sky line-up is the same across the country (ignoring regional differences to channels like BBC1). However, my MCE guide though is terrible, and I seem to be the only person regulary moaning about it.

When I reported the problem here - http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windowsxp/mediacenter/epg.aspx - the "name of service provider", i.e. Sky Digital ITV/West, wasn't even in the list!

I presume their are differences, as why would they ask for your post code? Either way, I'll try a leeds postcode this evening. Fingers crossed.......

6. sniff

sniff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've tried a leeds post code, and it has resulted in better set of channel listings than a Bristol one. ABC1 is there. But (and there always seems to be with Media Center) it's still not perfect.

For instance channel 122 Challenge +1, and all the channels from 272 to 279 are missing (and that's after a 2 second check for mistakes)

Does anyone have a perfect set of MCE guide listings? If not, I would definitely recommend using a leeds post code if you live in the south west!

7. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
    I woulldn't be so sure that choosing the Leeds post codes was what fixed the issue (almost). It's more likely that zapping the old setup & re-configuring with a new post code ensured that the listings were correctish. I bet if you do it again with your proper post code that it will be OK.

I have Chelmsford post code & have ABC1 on 281.

8. sniff

sniff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Unfortunately not. I tried several different post codes (Cornish, London, Scottish) and each time went back to my Bristol one, and no different. I even tried the unmapped, and astra listings for some post codes - but they're completely wrong.

Next time I get scuppered by a dodgy guide listing, I'll try Chelsmford :)

Thanks anyway