• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MCE Guide 8 hours out of sync

BGoff

Established Member
My clock is set right in bios, but a few days ago the clock in windows was out by exactly 8 hours. The MCE guide was displaying the right programs at the right times but listing the times 8 out out. eg at 8pm it would have the right programs listed but say it was midday.

When i adjusted the time in the windows taskbar MCE nows lists programs that will be on in 8 hours time as on now. i've re-started several times and re downloaded the guide several times but still no joy. Any ideas?

JonMace

Prominent Member
Re adjust your clock to the correct time and restart the PC.

I have had simular promlems after putting MCE into stand by - I now just turn off the display and amp and don't have the problem any longer

BGoff

Established Member
Thanks for the aadvise but that was the first thing i tried. i've got a little morer info on it now though.

If i tell MCE not to open as windows on start-up the clock in windows says the right time, as soon as mce opens it yurns the clocks back 8 hours (my clock in windows and MCE currently says 12.07 while i make it 8.07pm) the listings in the guide are currenly right eg. football on BBC1 but it gives the time of this progam as 11.30 till 2pm, clear;y wrong.

When i change the time in widows task bar it advances the guide 8 hours.

Restarting the computer, putting it into s3 etc have no effect on this, the same process repeats every time. i have done the media cener set-up again and input my guide data, still no luck.

Any more ideas?

JonMace

Prominent Member
Have you checked the la
ocal of both the PC i.e. if you are in the UK Greenwich mean time +0, and your country and post code in MCE?

BGoff

Established Member
Who set my time zone to Pacific Time? Come on, own up. It sure as hell wasn't me, was it?

Well i guess it must have been, though it did go wrong over the weekend when my girlfriend was here for a few days, i'll blame her.

Thanks for the help jon

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom