MCE as DVD Recorder for Sky+

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by benbtg, Jul 20, 2005.

1. benbtg

benbtg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I currently have Sky+ and was looking to move entirely to MCE until I had so many problems with setup and the black gold cards that I decided it would never as reliable or a good quality as Sky+. So have decided to stick with Sky+ for now.
    However I still love the slick interface and would love to keep it as a media centre for music, photos and DVD playback, if I can get the quality via component output.
    What I was wondering though is if it was possible to use MCE as a DVD recorder to archive footage on my Sky+ onto DVD using the VCR copy facility?
    This would be prefect as I was looking into getting a dedicated recorder initialilly.
    A friend of mine with MCE wasn't sure, something about the EPG not being compatible.
    Any thoughts?

2. benbtg

benbtg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone confirm that I would have to use an external app to do live recordings from the sky+ box? Seems very odd that MCE cannot do this.