1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE and DScaler

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by fraggle, Oct 6, 2005.

1. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi all,

Has anyone got MCE to happily run in the background, minimised, so it will record programs for me, and also had DScaler running in the foreground?

I use MCE to watch DVDs and freeview channels, but also use DScaler to watch any programs coming out from Tivo and the other two freeview boxes.

Also when MCE is taping a program I can still watch something else (from Tivo or freeview boxen)

Just that if I run MCE, quit it, and then try to run DScaler it just gives me a blank screen until I reboot?

2. chuckalicious

chuckalicious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not sure, never tried it, but I know you don't have to have MCE running to record. If you set up a recording, then close MCe, when the recording starts, you should see a red dot in the task bar down by the clock (or at least I did). That's the program being recorded.

Maybe that helps....

3. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    How do you get programs from your Tivo into your PC?

4. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Ta.

I didn't know it did this but shortly after posting this I had a look at what MCE had recorded and it'd recorded Lost right when I was using DScaler to watch the film on Ch5.

I'm impressed :)

5. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I've got a Sweetspot capture card.

DScaler processes the signal coming in to that and outputs a nice sharpened, de noised, de interlaced, scaled version to my plasma and I can also record the signal to hard disk so I could keep it or burn to DVD.

DScaler doesn't work from within MCE but they work reasonably well alongside each other. Just got to set up some remote buttons to switch between them :)