MCE 2005 remote backwards compatible with 2002?

andysubaru

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm running MCE 2002 and havent got a remote, seen the MCE 2005 remote on ebuyer for about 18 quid but not sure if all the features work. Anyone else got one on 2002?

The other question is my friend gave me a remote that looks like a MCE one but an older version. Its got a windows button and all the my music, my pics buttons but i havent got a receiver for it as I think it must have been built into his case. Is there anywhere you can buy just the receivers from?

Thanks

Are you sure that you are running MCE 2002? That version was not available in Europe. In MCE got to Settings > General > About Media Center
Media Center 2002 will display only a version number starting 5.1.2600.11**
Media Center 2004 will show its version number and year edition
On Media Center 2005 the location of this information is slightly different, Settings > General > About Media Center > Software Version.

thanks Nigel. Sorry for using up your time there mate. I was using start > run > winver
didnt realise that media center version was in the program. Kind of makes sense when I think about it!
Thanks for the pointer
By the way is there anywhere you can buy just the receiver for the remote? I'm sure the remote I have is an MCE one. Its not like the newest one out but more or less the same buttons

No you cannot just buy the receiver. You get the whole package of receiver, remote & IR bugs. The package is cheap enough in any case.

Just looked on ebuyer there are only about 20 quid thought they were alot more for some reason.
Thanks for all your help mate :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom