McCarthy sacked

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The BBC has announced that Sunderland have sacked McCarthy see here

What's the point? They're going down anyway & they know he can do a decent job in the Championship...?

it's a difficult one - good manager - just a poor team that are lacking in confidence and decent players.

I believe he has been doing an excellent job at Sunderland. I am gutted to see him go.

michaelT1888 said:
how can you say he was doing an excellant job, either you enjoy seeing sunderland look like idiots every week or you are a Newcastle fan

Both.

DLPMaybe said:
I believe he has been doing an excellent job at Sunderland. I am gutted to see him go.
i hope they replace him with souness

I think the fans reaction tells a story and has done all season. There hasnt been much of a Mick out movement throughout the season, it has all been aimed at the Chairman Murray.
Sunderland have been unlucky in some games, played really well in other which is credit to McCarthy but the fact is you cannot come up from the Championship and spend £4Mill. They were going down from the beginning whil Wigan and West Ham, without breaking the bank have bought in players of Prem quality at good value.
If he wasnt going to get the backing from the board, he is better off out of there :)

I think it may have something to do with his attitude and persona of late. Every time he is interview he appears as sarcastic, arrogant and pretty fed up, irrespective of the fact that we all knew Sunderland were doomed.

I watched some of the highlights of the Man City? game, and didn't recognise a single name on the Sunderland teamsheet.... probably because I don't follow championship footy all that much. ;)

It's nice to see the poor bloke finally put out of his misery...talk about fighting a lost cause... :rolleyes:

Lost their manager, but kept their Chairman..... the Sunderland fans must be dancin' in the streets tonight.... :rolleyes:

Captain Benefit said:
I think it may have something to do with his attitude and persona of late. Every time he is interview he appears as sarcastic, arrogant

Agreed. He is a smug git and a Celtic man so he got what he deserved :D

KevD said:
I think the fans reaction tells a story and has done all season. There hasnt been much of a Mick out movement throughout the season, it has all been aimed at the Chairman Murray.
Sunderland have been unlucky in some games, played really well in other which is credit to McCarthy but the fact is you cannot come up from the Championship and spend £4Mill. They were going down from the beginning whil Wigan and West Ham, without breaking the bank have bought in players of Prem quality at good value.
If he wasnt going to get the backing from the board, he is better off out of there :)
This seems to be very much the view of the majority of Sunderland fans. £4 milllion wasn't much even back in the 80's! To buy a set of quality players to keep Sunderland up he would have needed four times that and probably more.

I feel sorry for Mick. He's a good man manager but he was not given the financial backing that was needed. If he has any fault, if you can call it a fault that is, is being too honest in interviews...which undoubtedly got the Chairman's back up...however, that is the type of man he is, down to earth and no bull. Given an adequate amount of financial backing he would be up there with the best of them. Mick for the England job anyone??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom