McAfee and Windows Defender

dmr

Standard Member
Everything's fine with my BT/McAfee AV software, except that it keeps switching-off the Defender anti-spy system. I know McAfee has its own anti-spy system and I have that switched-on, but I quite like scanning with Defender now and again too.

I know I can switch Defender on by going into my Security Centre (and Defender automatically switches itself on every time a Microsoft Update updates it), but is there a way I can stop McAfee switching-off Defender and giving me an error message?

Thanks.

Uridium

Everything's fine with my BT/McAfee AV software, except that it keeps switching-off the Defender anti-spy system. I know McAfee has its own anti-spy system and I have that switched-on, but I quite like scanning with Defender now and again too.

I know I can switch Defender on by going into my Security Centre (and Defender automatically switches itself on every time a Microsoft Update updates it), but is there a way I can stop McAfee switching-off Defender and giving me an error message?

Thanks.
You really shouldn't run 2x AV/AS products at the same time, quite often one will detect the other scanning and see it as malicious software. This is exactly why 3rd party security software usually disables Defender.

In a Corp environment I've lost count of the number of Dead/Blue screening machines i've seen due to more than one security suite running.

stockyvillage

Novice Member
As Uridium has stated.You do not need windows defender to be running.The software BT have let you download is doing that job now

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom