• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Question MCACC with a 5.0 set up.

Keiron

Apologies if you have read this question before, I placed it on the Pioneer SCLX83 thread but got no response – I guess because it’s not a current product.

Anyway, I have just acquired a Pioneer SCLX83 which has MCACC. However, I only have a 5.0 system (front pair, rear pair, centre). No sub.

However, this setup appears to not be accommodated with MCACC.

When I run the “auto” set up, it identifies that I have a sub, which I don’t.

So I have read that I should manually input the speaker setup I have, and then run MCACC. And here I get confused. There is a “Speaker System” menu, but the configurations are all preset, and there is none without a sub. Nevertheless, you have to choose one.

Then there is a “Speaker setting” menu. In here you select large, small and I do have the option to choose “No” to the sub. So I do that.

And then I run MCACC, but it still identifies that I have a sub!

Can anyone please advise?

DodgeTheViper

Long time since I've owned this receiver but, can you set your speakers to 'LARGE' you may then get the option to disable the sub ?

Keiron

Thanks. Yes I have set them to LARGE, but when you run MCACC, it still looks for a sub and apparently finds one!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom