1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC-1 triggering

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by me_too, Jul 18, 2003.

1. me_too

me_too

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as some of you may know i have been looking for a reciever, i have finally made up my mind and am getting a lexicon mc-1. this is now set in stone so i would rather have no comments on this for or against. however i have would rather have my query discussed. i am a little confussed about the triggering part of the beast! and the manual doesn't really give many clues can anyone shed any light on this in the way of an explaination.
    i ask as i would like to use a mains relay board, (something like this http://www.electronic-kits-and-projects.com/kit-files/3xxx/3084.pdf) to turn on and off a power supply for some active speakers. i know that the lexicon uses a 12v trigger i would just like to know if this is possible or any ideas oterwise?
    cheers
    me

2. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry to butt in but... may I ask which active speakers these might be..? :)

Dunc

3. me_too

me_too

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    genelec 1031's and a 7070

4. Gary Palmer

Gary Palmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi me_too

The MC-1 does indeed have a 12V trigger designed for powering up associated power amps.

I can't see why the 12V trigger couldn't be used to power up the active speakers via some kind of mains switcher.

It's a while since I had an MC-1 so I can't remember if it's configurable in software like the MC-8/12.

I suggest you give Lexicon's distributor in the UK a quick call to clarify - CSE 01423 359054

Gary