mbren26's Home Cinema

mbren26

Hi All,

Thought I would post a picture of my humble set-up.

Got lots of ideas of things i want to do but unfortunately the better half wont let me untill I have decorated, New kitchen etc etc suppose my love for movies will just have to wait for the time being!

My Set-up:

img0313sc9.jpg

The TV has trettion LED lights at the rear that give a really nice soft glow when watching in the dark.

img0314ez1.jpg

table manners

dont tell me you like lazytown.:rolleyes:nice kit tho

mbren26

dont tell me you like lazytown.:rolleyes:nice kit tho

Cant stand Lazytown, however my 3yr old little boy loves it! He is off school at the minute with chienpox so unfortunately i have to watch it!!

Thanks for the comment!

Max Payne

Great set up you have there mate - very tidy

Love you're receiver!!

If you don't mind me asking - how do you find the Pioneer Recorder, does it work well?

Think I will be in the market for something similar and would like to hear some opinions?

mbren26

Were the hell do you get those?! I'm sure someone else said they can be found at IKEA for about £20, and yet I can only find these for double the price: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30119408

:(

I have had them for a while and got them from Ikea. They are no longer available and have been replaced by the ones you have posted. I dont know what the difference is between them!

Great set up you have there mate - very tidy

Love you're receiver!!

If you don't mind me asking - how do you find the Pioneer Recorder, does it work well?

Think I will be in the market for something similar and would like to hear some opinions?

The Pioneer recorder is great. I think the model has been upgraded now though to the 550hx-s. This is more or less identical but it upscales to 1080p. It's really good at everything it does, best recorder i have owned. You can store pictures and music onto the HD. Plus anything you record onto the HD can be burnt onto a Disc in a minute or 2, no need to watch it to record.

Max Payne

Great, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I done the search and its some price (coming from Euro land) on the web.

So is it worth the money? Would you record alot from the TV and playback in your own time? I presume the 160Gig would store quite alot of the HD material, yea?

mbren26

Great, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I done the search and its some price (coming from Euro land) on the web.

So is it worth the money? Would you record alot from the TV and playback in your own time? I presume the 160Gig would store quite alot of the HD material, yea?

it doesn't actually record in hd, it all depends on what recording quality you choose as to how much capacity you have to record. If you choose the highest quality (which is probably not far off HD quality if your recording from HD source) you can only record 35hrs. If you choose the lowest quality you can record in excess of 330hrs.

I use the sky HD box to record HD programmes and the dvd recorder for everything else.

It isn't a cheap recorder. Whether it's worth the money or not i dont really know. I didn't pay full price for it as i got it from Costco for a very reasonable £220. Dont know if i would have paid full whack for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom