MBP backlit keyboard problems

muzzi

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have recently noticed that my backlit keyboard function on my MBP no longer works. I have checked that the 'illuminate keyboard' function under 'keyboard and mouse' in 'system preferences' is on, but no joy. I had this problem before, but then installed 'Lab Tik' a little app to allow you to adjust in intensity of the light yourself, but even with this turned on, i get nothing.

Is there something i am missing, or id you think there is there a fault?

thanks

muzzi

Does labtik load at startup ? .. if so you could try rebooting holding down the shift key - this will disable any startup apps and give you a 'clean' system boot - see if keyboard light works then ... if not then I'd whip it in to your dealer/local AppleStore and let them take a look ...

Jon

Does labtik load at startup ? .. if so you could try rebooting holding down the shift key - this will disable any startup apps and give you a 'clean' system boot - see if keyboard light works then ... if not then I'd whip it in to your dealer/local AppleStore and let them take a look ...

Jon

Cheers Jon,

I removed Labtik to see if this had any effect. It did not:(

Next time i visit Southampton, i'll take the MBP.

thanks muzzi

Does it work if you boot from your install cd ?

and hold down the 'c' key to force a boot from the drive ...

Jon

Glad it worked !!

Been a while since I was in deepest Southsea - used to be part of my patch when I was working for Southern Water at Otterbourne in 95/96 !! :devil:

Jon

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom