• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MB for Core i5-3570K

adrian7396

Standard Member
Im looking at these
GA Z77M D3H
GA Z77X UD3H
Im wondering if the extra £20 for the UD3H would be a waste r worth it.
Regards all.

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Hi Adrian, :)

I've done a comparison of the two motherboards you mentioned and I've managed to glean a few choice nuggets of information which you may find useful.

The Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H is a more mainstream ATX board, compared to the Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H, which is a budget mATX board.

The “U” designation boards feature GIGABYTE’s Ultra Durable 4 while “D” is for boards with Ultra Durable 4 Classic. The main difference between the Classic and non-classic Ultra Durable 4 is the non-classic features 2oz copper PCB's that are supposed to help with heat dissipation.

The UD3H is more versatile when it comes to overclocking. For example the UD3H allows for CPU voltage adjustments, where as the D3H does not. The D3H is capable of some overclocking, but it is limited.

The UD3H will allow you to run either a dual Crossfire or SLI configuration at PCI-E 3.0 x8 speeds. The D3H will only offer you a Crossfire configuration at PCI-E 3.0 x4 speeds.

Given you are building your computer around an i5 3570k, I assume that overclocking is important to you? If it is, and you want to push your processor as far as it can go, then I would say yes, the UD3H is worth the extra investment.

I hope the above helps. :)

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
actually im not going to be overclocking...
So you have absolutely no interest in overclocking what so ever, not now or at any point in the future?

Also, graphics wise, how do you see your setup? Single or dual card configuration?

Answers to the above will help in recommending you alternatives to the motherboards you have already mentioned.

RustySpoons

Prominent Member
I can highly recommend the gigabyte z77x-ud5h as I have a couple, it also runs OSX :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom