1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May's PC pro magazine

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jon stallard, Mar 31, 2005.

1. jon stallard

jon stallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked a copy off the shelf in Sainsburys (A May magazine in March? :) ) and was delighted to see what amounts to a 30 page advert for Windows Media Center Edition (and Elonex it has to be said) in the form of a supplement.

So for anyone else like me that is currently living and breathing MCE, it's a good read. It even has a few tips which may be well known to some but is still part of the learning curve for this amatuer PC builder.

The pictures look so glossy, the families look so happy. As I'm finally moving my HTPC to the living room this weekend, I can see my floor strewn with kilometres of cabling, empty CD packets, avforum 'how to fix the bl**dy thing to yer TV' thread printouts, tufts of hair, bits of broken furniture, empty wine bottles....

Can't wait! :thumbsup:

2. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +912
    :rotfl: funny!

3. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was an elonex/microsoft advert LOL

4. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +842
    Look, I've lost blood, sweat and tears getting Windows working like a Tivo, so I'm not upgrading to MCE now, no matter how glossy the photos!

5. gordonfmoore

gordonfmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you buy some good quality cable, I think all the components mentioned should work just as well as the official mce parts list.

I also note that you haven't included sound effects, such as wife slamming door as she goes upstairs to watch tele on a 12 inch screen, or the sound of cases being dropped out of loft or the sad sound of silence as the front door slams and the echo of "...mother's house...". Deep joy ;)