Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount+) Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
This has been excellent so far, I have about three episodes left. Agree its a nice change too.

Well those last two episodes were great!

Last edited:
Enjoyed this, was quite the finale ! Not sure if there's a second series or not.

Amazing show, saw it earlier on the year.

Watched earlier in the year, 10/10 for me!

Enjoyable romp.

one of the best shows of last year and in a while

I am watching this currently upto Episode 3. One of the best TV Shows i have seen this year, almost like Apple Quality. Love Helicopter/Drone Camera perspective zooming shots and the music.

I just set Subscription to renew for a year because of this show.

If it eventually gets 4K/HDR treatment i will watch again.

Thanks for review

Just finished this and it might literally
be one of the best TV series I have seen so far. I enjoyed Lost, Prison Break and Breaking Bad in particular - but these and a lot of series have a lot of bloat/filler.

Once you get past the first 40 minutes of Mayor of Kingstown I was hooked, each episode’s conclusion kept me me wanting more - it was unrelenting.

I don’t think I’ve been this hooked by a TV series since Lost, and there’s an added flavour of Friday combined with Prison Break and Breaking Bad.

I was hooked after the first episode 9.5/10, I love how tight it was. If they do more seasons I hope they maintain this pacing and don’t just bloat it out for the sake of it.

I kind of thought it was like a borderline modern day Godfather the TV series.

Last edited:
I watched the first 2 episodes last night it's excellent so far

I've finished the full series now and it was very good can't wait for the next series. I think this show has passed a lot of people by and is well worth a watch

I love the show despite seeing some people literally get away with murder, which is never a good idea. But what I don’t understand is what actually is the Mayor’s official job? He has an office, a suit, staff and clients that pay him. But he’s not a private detective nor has any official role. There is no such job as power broker or facilitator that I know of, or which says that on the front door.

Season 2 starts off where season 1 finished

I love the show despite seeing some people literally get away with murder, which is never a good idea. But what I don’t understand is what actually is the Mayor’s official job? He has an office, a suit, staff and clients that pay him. But he’s not a private detective nor has any official role. There is no such job as power broker or facilitator that I know of, or which says that on the front door.
Although I share your sentiment, any time you have convicts/thugs/gangs/drug dealers/hookers/bikers all vying for essentially the same things (Power, money, respect) all at once and in close proximity to each other, peoplez gonna die, period, no ifs, ands, or butts :D

But I think you are taking the word "Mayor" a bit to literally....although Mike (who is an ex-con himself) has no "Official" title or position (he certainly is NOT a Mayor)), with his connections both inside & out, he is in a unique position with a unique perspective of what does/can or does not/cannot happen around him...

The Mayor in the context of the show simply means that he acts as a 3rd party negotiator, mediator, and peacemaker, mostly with the blessings of all the various factions/organizations involved....

As for his "clients", 95% of them have someone in one of the prisons, and want his help either getting them released, getting a new trial, or a stay of execution etc... The other 5% are mainly folks who are in a bad place, or have made bad decisions, or that need protection from something/somebody...

Anyways, yes, S2 picks right up where S1 ended, and is rolling smoothly so far by keeping the story going in the right direction....hopefully this will continue and more seasons are in the works....

But as stated in the other thread, I still think the cranky, self-righteous, condescending biotch mother & the dippityho-going-nowhere-fast needs to fade away real soon.....

The second episode of S2 shows why he's called "the mayor" :D
I wonder if they had a third season planned. Might be a long wait for it if so... :(

It has its moments but there is a lot of pointless filler. Lots of stupid cartoon characters and the ever more prevalent mumblevision where half the dialogue is indecipherable and stupidly mixed with ridclously overly prevalent ambient fx. Not since the expanse have I heard a mix so messed up.

I enjoyed both seasons, hope there is a third.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom